In this course, you will :
- Learn how to give your clothes a second life and turn a jacket into a work of art.
- Dive into the course's tools and materials, from bleach to brushes.
- Learn about the significance of colour psychology in your designs and how renowned fashion designers use colour for various purposes.
- Learn how bleach works on various fabrics, as well as the results you can expect with your chosen item.
- Learn about the Shibori reverse bleaching technique and how to apply it to your design.
- Learn how to use bleach to print on a garment and how to embellish your clothing with embellishments ranging from patchwork to appliqué.
- See how to put together an outfit based on your jacket. Then, look into the application of colour theory in fashion and discover new ways to apply what you've learned beyond clothing.
1. Materials, Tools, and Research
- Materials and Tools
- Psychology of Color
- Building a Visual Narrative: Defining the Theme and Message
2. Bleaching, Printing, and Embellishing the Garment
- Fabrics and Outcomes
- Shibori Reverse Dyeing Technique
- Shibori on a Garment
- Printmaking with Everyday Objects
- Surface Embellishments
3. Creating Outfits and Other Applications
- Planning a Whole Outfit
- Other Techniques and Applications
- Resources to Sell Your Pieces