In this course, you will learn :
- Begin by learning about punch needle artist and designer Adeline Wang. Hear how she went from studying finance to selling punch needle decorations on the internet, as well as the influences that inspire her work.
- Investigate the course's tools and materials. Then you'll learn how to thread your needle and punch the fundamental stitches. Adeline demonstrates how to create digital patterns for punch needle projects using Adobe Fresco and Illustrator, as well as how to select a complementary colour palette.
- It's time to make your decoration! Begin by printing the design onto fabric. Then, using the techniques from earlier in the course, construct a frame to stretch your fabric onto before punching your design. To add texture and dimension to your work, use the adjustable punch needle.
- Trim the border of your fabric after removing it from the frame. Then, using adhesive, secure your mirror. To finish your piece professionally, add a felt backing.
1. Punch Needle Basics and Pattern Design
- Tools and Materials
- Basic Techniques and Stitches
- The Design Process
- The Choice of the Color Palette
2. The Punch Needle Mirror
- Transferring the Design onto Fabric
- Building a Frame and Stretching the Fabric
- Punch Needle: The Details
- Adding Texture to the Piece
3. The Finishing Touches
- Putting It All Together
- Other Options and Variations
- Care Tips