In this course, you will :
- Discover the various types of fabrics and how to select the best one for your project.
- Learn how to make strong, long-lasting seams before tackling the shirring elastic technique.
- Learn why Elisalex enjoys gathering fabrics and how to use the technique on your next project.
- Learn how to take measurements and transfer them to your pattern drawing.
- Discover how to cut fabric and transfer markings. Begin sewing your dress piece by piece and try it on before adding the finishing stitches.
- Learn how to care for and repair your handmade dress so that it lasts a lifetime.
- Learn about the environmental impact of the fashion industry and how to make conscious decisions.
- Shirring Elastic
- Seam Finishes
- Choosing Your Fabric
- Choosing Your Design
- Tools and Materials
2. Making Your Dress
- Taking Your Measurements
- Drafting Your Pattern
- Preparing Your Fabric
- Sewing Your Dress
- Finishing Your Dress
3. Taking Care of Your Garment
- Sustainable Sewing
- The Way You Take Care of Your Clothes Matters