In this course, you will :
- Discover her creative journey that led her to launch her own sustainable craft business, Ragged Life, as well as the influences that influence her work.
- Explore what rag rugging is, the techniques used, and the craft's history. Then consider the course's required tools.
- Elspeth discusses where to find inspiration for your projects, as well as practical advice for making successful rugs.
- Learn how to cut hessian fabric to size and secure the edges to keep them from fraying over time.
- See how to transfer your design onto hessian and learn about cutting and preparing your fabric and clothing.
1. Rag Rugging: History, Techniques, and Inspiration
- Rag Rugging: Its History and Techniques
- Materials and How to Source Them
- Inspiration and Practical Tips for a Successful Rug
2. Getting Ready
- Preparing Your Material
- How to Transfer the Design onto the Hessian
- Hemming the Hessian (Burlap)
- Sketching the Design and Choosing the Colours
3. Shaggy, Short Shaggy, and Loopy Techniques
- Building the Design: Shaggy Technique
- Short Shaggy
- Loopy Technique and Finishing Touches
4. Taking Care of Your Rug and More
- Applying Your Skills Elsewhere
- Care and Maintenance