In this course, you will :
- Remember the best project budgeting and estimation practises.
- Differentiate between common estimation approaches used to create project budgets and understand when to use them.
- Determine best practises for budget expectation management while employing effective budget refinement techniques.
- Describe and investigate agile project budgeting methods.
- Examine various methods for resolving project budget overruns.
- Examine effective budget reporting methods, including how they can be used to report project status.
- Recognize the issues and changes that can jeopardise a project's budget.
1. Budgeting Fundamentals
- What is a project budget?
- Budgets with WBS and project tools
- Discover costing standards
- Consider enterprise environmental factors
- Examining capital and operating costs
2. Building the Budget
- Types of estimating
- Estimation approaches
- Establishing an estimating structure
- Assigning costs to resources
- Finalizing and communicating your budget
- Budget considerations for agile projects
3. Managing the Budget
- The correct level of budget detail
- Prioritizing budget versus scope elements
- Recover a bloated budget
- Earned value budget tracking
4. Budget Management Pro Tips
- Collect resource usage information
- Select budget reporting options
- Funding limit reconciliation
- Apply foresight to your budget status
- Address budgeting issues