In this course, you will :
- Describe project management abilities, roles, and responsibilities in various industries.
- Explain the project life cycle and compare various programme management methodologies.
- Define organisational structure and culture, and explain how they affect project management.
1. Embarking on a career in project management
- What is project management?
- What does a project manager do?
- Transferable project management skills
- X: Path to becoming a project manager
- From certificate to career success
- Finding the perfect role
- Gilbert: Project management skills in my role
2. Becoming an effective project manager
- The value of a project manager
- JuAnne: Path to becoming a project manager
- Key project manager roles and responsibilities
- A project manager’s role within a team
- Elita: A day in the life of a project manager
- The core skills of a project manager
- Rachel: My journey to becoming a project manager
- Leadership and team dynamics
- Ellen: Traits of a successful project manager
3. The project management life cycle and methodologies
- Exploring the phases of the project life cycle
- Phases in action: Initiating and planning
- Phases in action: Executing and closing
- Introduction to project management methodologies
- Overview of Waterfall and Agile
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma
4. Organizational structure and culture
- Overview of Classic and Matrix structures
- How organizational structure impacts project management
- Lan: Working in a Project Management Office
- Introduction to organizational culture
- Amar: Project management in life and in the organization
- Introduction to change management
- Participating in change management
- Preparing for your job search