In this course, you will learn :
- How to use Adobe Illustrator's essential tools to create outstanding logo designs
- How to use vectors to add finesse to your logos and how to use successful branding to help businesses grow.
- Analyze real-world examples to learn about what a logo is and what makes one successful.
- Investigate how logos, in conjunction with other design elements, function in modern branding systems to create a consistent brand personality.
- Examine Adobe Illustrator and the benefits of using it for logo design before experimenting with the various digital tools it provides.
- Izzy and Reece discuss the various approaches to typography from the perspective of a designer, as well as where to find various fonts. They will then demonstrate how to work with text spacing and alignment in your designs.
- Make a mood board to establish a visual direction for your project before sketching your ideas on it. Use the tools and techniques from earlier in the course to bring your sketches to life in Illustrator.
- How to fine-tune your logo and add finishing touches like typography and colour to make it look professional.
1. What Is a Logo? Connecting Skills and Meaning
- Defining a Logo
- What Makes a Logo Work?
- Logos in Modern Branding Systems
2. Creating Logos in Illustrator
- The Advantages of Illustrator
- Essential Tools
- Typography: What’s It All About?
3. Discovery and Ideation
- Creating a Foundation
- Look and Feel
- Defining a Direction
- Bringing Concepts to Life
4. Finalising the Logo: Skills and Finessing
- The “Flower Hour” Logo
- Typography, Colour and Final Touches
- Our Case Study