In this course, you will :
- Dive into the course materials, which include everything from a sewing machine to coloured paper.
- Learn about biaxial and triaxial weaving techniques. Before experimenting with non-traditional materials and selecting a colour palette for your tote bag, learn how to transform 2D weavings into 3D structures.
- Learn how to calculate your piece's measurements and sketch your design.
- see how to cut and prepare your materials Begin weaving using the techniques taught earlier in the course, beginning with the base of your bag and working your way up to the sides.
- Put the finishing touches on your bag and learn how to add different types of handles. Adrianus concludes the course by sharing his tips for photographing and posting your work online.
1. Materials, Techniques and Experimentation
- Tools and Materials
- Techniques: 2D Weaving
- Techniques: 3D Weaving
- Experimentation: Materials and Colors
2. The Process of Weaving the Bag
- Sketch and Design
- Measures and Cuts
- Weaving the Base
- Weaving the Sides
3. The Weaved Bag
- Final Touches
- How to Showcase Your Bag