In this course, you will :
- Discover the course's required tools before diving into the crocheting skills.
- Katie walks you through all of the fundamental crochet stitches, including the slip stitch, chain stitch, double crochet, and treble crochet. Then make your first granny square in a basic colour.
- Learn how to choose a colour palette and plan the fit and feel of a garment based on the yarn you use.
- Improve your granny square skills by introducing multiple colours and working on a graphic spot square. Katie then demonstrates how to sew in the ends of your squares for a neat and secure finish.
- Discover how to make a customised head hole for a perfect fit. Katie shows you how to finish your work with a double crochet edge.
- Learn about "blocking" and how to put the finishing touches on your piece.
- Learn how to care for your garment, including how to wash and store it properly.
- Learn the skills required to crochet your own granny square sweater.
1. Getting Started
- Basic Granny Square
- Getting Your Grip
- Tools and Materials
- Intro to Granny Square Crochet
2. Crochet Jumper Design
- Spot Granny Square
- Sewing in Your Ends
- Three Colourway Granny Square with Border
- Jumper Fit and Feel
- Design Inspiration and Colour Palette
3. Jumper Construction
- Making Your Jumper Body
- Planning Your Jumper
4. Jumper Love
- Sharing on Social Media and Community Platforms
- Caring for Your Garment