In this course, you will :
- Learn about the best fabrics and threads to use, as well as how to embroider on a variety of fabrics.
- Damaja shows you how to do the back, split, stem, and chain stitch.
- Discover how Damaja uses filler stitches to fill an empty surface.
- Next, begin working on your original design. Create a mood board using references as inspiration.
- Damaja demonstrates how to make a stencil of the composition you want to embroider. Then, transfer your collage design to the garment you're working with.
- Investigate colour patterns and learn how to embroider the tail.
- Damaja then begins embroidering a motel and demonstrates how to make a colour gradient. Finishing touches and details should be added to your composition.
1. Preparations for Embroidery on Stretchy Fabric
- How to Get Started and What Materials to Use
- Fabrics and Threads
- Outline Stitches
- Filler Stitches
2. Fashion Embroidery: Starting Your Project
- Positioning and Transferring
- Inspiration for Your Design
3. Embroidering on a Sweatshirt
- The Head of the Oryx
- Body Colors
- Pattern and Tail
- Color Gradient Motel
4. Making Sure Your Design Lives a Long and Happy Life
- Washing and Maintaining Your Embroidered Clothing
- Different Placements