In this course, you will :
- Discover Isabel's tried-and-true pitching method and put together the necessary elements of a pitch document.
- Investigate the physical characteristics of a picturebook while adhering to certain rules and terminology. Isabel demonstrates how to conduct research on your topic and how to plan each page using storyboarding.
- Before creating a title and writing the all-important overview, condense your planning into a brief proposal.
- Create your own voice to communicate effectively with your reader. Use this as you write a text sample to go with your pitch and listen to Isabel's advice on how to best showcase your story and writing. The course concludes with advice on how to share your pitch.
1. Developing Original Ideas
- Exploring Non-fiction Picture Books
- Generating Ideas
- Developing an Idea
2. Creating a Professional Pitch
- What Is a Pitch?
- Planning the Physical Book
- Researching and Planning Contents
- The Proposal
- The Title and Overview
3. Writing Sample Text and Sharing Your Pitch
- Finding Your Voice
- Writing Sample Text
- The Pitching Process