In this course, you will :
- Teaches you how to use editorial design techniques to bring stories to life Create your own print publication, experimenting with everything from typography to column layout.
- Dive into the history of editorial design before looking at a brief and how to plan your pages.
- Investigate the significance of having a diverse collection of images and how to use them legally. Then, choose which images to include on each page, keeping in mind the stories they tell and their scale in relation to one another.
- Set up your tabloid's pages with the correct size and bleed in mind. Examine the use of a grid for structure and how to make one. Investigate typography styles and how to use them. Then, sketch your layout page by page in InDesign and design your spread digitally. Before referring back to the brief, make any final adjustments to your tabloid to ensure it meets the requirements.
- Prepare your file for printing in accordance with the specifications of your printer. To conclude the course, Harry walks you through some basic photo editing techniques to ensure the best results when your pages are printed.
1. The Brief
- Introduction to Newspaper Design
- The Brief and Planning Our Pages
- Available Assets
2. Creating Our Pages
- Setting up Our Pages
- Balancing and Revising All the Elements
3. Finalising the Project
- Preparing Your Files for Print