In this course, you will learn :
- Describe each of the following five approaches to Counseling and Christianity: Levels-of-Explanation, Integration, Christian Psychology, Transformational Counseling, and Biblical Counseling.
- Use a sample case to apply each of the five approaches to Counseling and Christianity: Integration, Christian Psychology, Transformational Counseling, and Biblical Counseling are all examples of Levels of Explanation.
- Consider their own values as well as the values of any organisation for which they may work to determine which model of Christian counselling may be the best fit in various contexts and with various clients.
- Describe each of the following key elements of addiction counselling: assessment and treatment, co-occurring disorders, behavioural addictions, relapse prevention, self-help groups, addiction counselling techniques, cultural awareness, and counsellor development.
- Assessment and Treatment Process for Addiction | Levels-of-Explanation Model
- Co-Occurring Disorders, Behavioral Addictions, Specific Issues | Integration Mod
- Relapse Prevention, Self-Help Groups | Christian Psychology Model
- Addiction Counseling Techniques and Multicultural Counseling
- Personal and Professional Development and Counseling Ethics
- Developing a Plan for Your Degree, Certification and Career in Addiction Counsel
- Compassion Fatigue, Burnout, Secondary Trauma and Self-Care