In this course,
- You will have a deep understanding of how structures respond to loading..
- You will clearly understand the methods used to analyse statically indeterminate beams and frames..
- You will be comfortable determining shear force, bending moment and deflected shape diagrams..
- You will be able to analyse both non-sway and sway frames - essential when designing real world structures...
- Student who want to take their understanding of structural analysis up a level!
- Engineering students who need to know how to analyse more complex structures without resorting to computer analysis, e.g. continuous beams.
- Students tired of being limited to analysis of statically determinate structures.
- Students wishing to analyse structural frames to facilitate design; e.g. reinforced concrete subframe analysis.