In this course, you will learn :
- Fundamental engineering design principles and fundamental ecological principles relevant to the Building with Nature approach.
- How to evaluate which principles are used in various case studies and form your own opinion on whether the hydraulic infrastructure meets engineering, ecosystem, and societal goals.
- How to use your new knowledge to assess the potential for Building with Nature solutions in your community.
- Week 1: Introduction to Building with Nature.
- Week 2: Engineering design principles
- Week 3: Ecological design principles
- Week 4: Integrated design
- Week 5: Integrated design review