In this course, you will :
- introduce the framework for Integrated Sustainable Waste Management, which will guide you through this course. This week's modules cover the physical aspects of municipal solid waste management.
- This week focuses on the governance aspects, also called the “soft” aspects of a municipal solid waste management system. We will explain the different stakeholders and their roles and responsibilities as well as legislative issues and financial mechanisms.
- covers hazardous waste, healthcare waste, e-waste, plastic waste, and construction and demolition waste. We will discuss the main challenges and opportunities for better management in low- and middle-income countries.
- Concentrate more on the strategic and planning aspects of MSWM. Learn more about the environmental impact of solid waste management, how to improve solid waste management in your community or city, and how the UN's Sustainable Development Goals address the topic of solid waste.
- Physical Elements of Solid Waste Management
- Governance Aspects of Solid Waste Management
- Organic waste treatment
- Organic waste treatment: Lesson Choices
- Special waste fractions
- Strategic Issues and Planning in Solid Waste Management