In this course, you will learn :
- How to illustrate a unique storey by combining digital and traditional illustration tools to create friendly characters and vibrant scenes.
- How to design scenes with stories by using colour, objects, characters, and shapes to create captivating narratives.
- How to design clothes that complement your characters' surroundings, then play with space and scale to add interest to your piece.
- Learn about colour and how to use different elements to create shapes and colours that complement each other.
- How to use scanned paper to add details and final textures to your piece.
1. Thinking Inside and Outside of the Picture
- Traditional Materials, Drawing Tablets and the Ugly Sketch
- Learning About Proportions
- How to Make Characters Younger or Older
- Dressing Your Character
- The Character in the Space
- Juggling Ideas and Moving Forward
2. Drawing the Final Project: Alex in Their Bedroom
- The Ugly Sketch That No One Sees
- The Details in Action
- Adding Colour: A Tree Doesn’t Have to Be Green
- Adding Details
3. Saving, Sharing and Selling Yourself
- Exporting the Illustration and Sharing Your Work
- Tips for the Future