In this course, you will :
- Learn about the creative process of imagining fascinating characters and bringing them to life on screen. Learn how to use digital art to express your thoughts and emotions.\
- Demonstrates how to create captivating characters in Photoshop.
- Meet Fernanda Suarez, a digital illustrator, character designer, and this course's instructor. Discover the creative path that led her to the world of illustration. She also discusses the influences on her work.
- Begin by imagining your protagonist: what is their backstory and who are they? Then decide on a mood for your piece. Before you begin, learn the fundamentals of light and shadow. Fernanda shows you how to create a consistent colour palette and use your digital brushes.
- Then, before working on the background, paint the face, hair, clothing, and accessories. Fernanda demonstrates how to add texture to your image and provides other painting tips. Finish your illustration by adding the finishing touches. Fernanda concludes the course by offering advice on how to promote and develop your art.
1. The First Steps
- Rendering Technique: Brushes and How to Use Them
- Designing a Character: How to Start
- Basic Light and Shadow: Values, Volume, and the Importance of Light
2. Creating the Concept
- Finding Inspiration: Mood Board and References
- Sketching the Human Figure and Composition
- Color Palette and Base Colors
3. The Digital Painting
- The Character
- Clothing and Accessories
- The Background
- Final Adjustments
4. Advice for Self-Promotion
- Promoting Your Art