In this course, you will :
- Discover a distinct design approach that entails exploration and observation in search of new ideas to materialise.
- Learn how to take your best ideas, identify their strengths, and create an innovative design.
- covers the traditional, logic-based design process and highlights its advantages and disadvantages
- Learn how to use experimentation to tailor the design process to the specifics of a project.
- Get acquainted with the various materials available and begin sketching your final project.
- Jan walks you through his playful experimentation method for designing a t-shirt to demonstrate his creative process.
- Begin by getting your hands dirty with your project and materials. Make a list of observations to help you come up with new ideas and creative directions for your design.
- What Is Design Process
- How Do We Do What We Do? The Archetypical Design Process
- Sketching a T-Shirt
2. Design by Doing
- Spend Some Time With a T-Shirt
- Spend Some Time With a Marker
- Spend Some Time With a T-Shirt and a Marker
- Generate Concepts
- Final T-Shirt Prototype
3. This Is Not a T-Shirt
- Understand the T-Shirt Process and Its Meaning
- How to Apply the T-Shirt Process