In this course, you will :
- understand how to use SHAPES, COLORS, and TEXTURES to camouflage/emphasize different parts of the body.
- understand how to use BALANCE to successfully design/style for each BODY TYPE.
- learn how to ACCESSORIZE for each of the six different FACE SHAPES.
- learn the significance of a MOOD BOARD and how to interpret one.
- The "DO'S AND DON'T'S" of PATTERN MIXING will be taught to you.
- learn the most frequently used FASHION TERMINOLOGY by fashion professionals.
- discover the LOGIC that underpins successful style!
- discover a plethora of STYLE HACKS to achieve any styling illusion!
1. The 5 Body Types
- The Inverted Triangle Body Type
- The Pear Body Type
- The Rectangular Body Type
- The Apple Body Type
- The Hourglass Body Type
2. Camouflaging & Emphasizing Parts of the Body Using Clothing
- Camouflaging & Emphasizing Introduction
- How to: De-emphasize the Hip Area
- How to: Emphasize the Hip Area
- Comparing Strategies
- How to: Camouflage the Arms
- How to: Camouflage the Stomach
- How to: Appear Taller
- How to: Appear Shorter
- How to: Emphasize/De-Emphasize the Bust
3. Influencing Size Through Shapes & Textures
- Influencing Size Through Shape
- 8 Shapes in Fashion Design
- Introduction to Texture
- Smooth vs Shiny Textures
- Characteristics of Common Textures
4. Mix & Matching Patterns
- Mixing Patterns Using Colour
- Pattern Mixing Strategies
- Pattern Pairing & Common Patterns
- Comparing Strategies for Pattern Mixing
5. Styling the 6 Face Shapes with Earrings
- Earrings for Round & Square Face Shape
- Earrings for Heart & Oval Face Shape
- Earrings for Diamond & Pear Face Shape
6. The Mood board
- Mood Board: Introduction
- What is a Mood Board?
- Physical vs Digital Mood Board
- 6 Steps to Creating a Mood Board
- Mood Board Exercise