In this course, you will :
- Dive into the world of publishing and bring your own designs to life.
- Learn how to analyse a brief and define your work's visual identity.
- Explore InDesign and learn how to create an eye-catching editorial piece.
- Analyze the various components of a brief to learn how to establish the purpose of your project.
- Create a mood board that defines your editorial style by searching for references online.
- guides you through various methods of locating photographic and illustrative content that matches your design
- Become acquainted with the various elements of magazines and newspapers and begin planning your written content.
- Learn the significance of selecting the right typography and how to use a colour palette that conveys your visual identity.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to set up your document and establish its structure.
- Learn how to define type hierarchy and paragraph styles to make reading more enjoyable and easier.
- Before adding imagery and details to your design, learn how to lay out the main sections of the magazine.
- Bring everything together on InDesign to start creating your final magazine. Alex guides you through how to set up your document and establish its structure step-by-step. See how to define type hierarchy and paragraph styles to make the reading experience easier and more enjoyable. Learn how to lay out the main sections of the magazine before adding imagery and details to your design.
- Concentrate on one of the most important editorial components: the magazine cover. Isabella and Alex walk you through the steps to creating a visually appealing cover that communicates your brand's identity.
1. Get Ready to Explore
- Photographic and Illustrative Content
- Look and Feel
- Find Your Purpose in the Brief
- Intro and Materials
2. Building the Foundation for Your Project
- Planning Your Mag
3. Let’s Start Creating!
- Inserting Imagery
- Laying Out the Main Sections
- Adding Folios and Little Page Furniture
- Type Hierarchy and Paragraph Styles
- Setting Up
4. Vision and Identity
- Putting Your Work Out There
- Colour and Final Touches
- Creating the Cover