In this course, you will :
- Guides you through the process of creating your own book cover, from concept to finished product Explore visual metaphors, lettering, and typography using a variety of media. Bring your ideas together digitally to create a cover that you can hold in your hands. The magic of a book can be expressed through its cover.
- Examine book cover examples to see how they work for different types of content, and think about how you can incorporate text and visual metaphors into your designs.
- Examine the specifics of a book, such as format, page numbering, and typography, before determining how to make each element work in harmony.
- Discover Faride's creative process when faced with a brief, and experiment with different techniques for drawing your own lettering by hand.
- Begin creating your book cover as Faride walks you through the steps required to create your cover file.
- Create mood boards, then learn how to use a design programme like Adobe InDesign or Illustrator to sketch your layout, digitise any analogue elements, and finish your final design.
- Learn how to make a digital package out of your folders and files, and then print your finished design to share with the world. Finish the course with tips on how to promote your self-published book, such as creating a blog and using social media.
1. Book Cover Backstage
- Content and Ways of Representing it Visually
- My Brief
- Formats, Sizes and Sheets
- Fonts, Fonts and Fonts!
- Lettering in Book Covers
2. Working on Your Cover
- Mood Board and Thumbnails
- Digital Sketching
- Digitizing the Stroke
- Creating the Cover File
3. Finishing Touches
- Dummy Making
- Checking the Preflight
- Social Media, Promotion and Presale