In this course, you will :
- Begin by getting to know your instructors, Bina and Pepo. Discover their professional backgrounds as costume designers and how their various careers have evolved over the last three decades.
- Finally, learn about some artists who have influenced their work before going over the course structure briefly.
- Discover the first steps to ensuring your designs are creatively aligned with the project.
- See how an effective costume design is created, as well as the main titles and the various roles they play on and off set. Examine the materials that the couple uses to organise and present their work.
- Learn how to define the project's style and why it's important to give each character a distinct personality.
- See how the research was conducted and why it is critical to define the time, location, season, and social atmosphere mentioned in the script.
- Learn how to break down a script to determine the size and scope of a project, how to create a costume breakdown, how to create a time and material budget, and how to present the style of your costume design in a moodboard.
- Learn how to accurately measure the various characters and begin building your costumes.
- Learn how to present your final costumes to the director while ensuring that they are in sync with the script.
1. Wearing a Story
- Materials for the Course
- Costume and Production Team
- First Step to the Designer’s Creativity
- Differences between Costume Design and Fashion Design
2. The Beginning
- Research to Design the Costume
- Defining the Style of the Project
- The Script
3. Development of the Costume Design
- Reading and Breaking down the Script
- Mood Board and Sketches
4. Getting into Action
- Presentation of Costume Tests
- Searching for Costumes and Prototypes
- Cast Contact
5. Making the Right Choices on the Finished Costume
- On Set
- Preparation for the Shooting
- Setting of the Garments