In this course, you will :
- Learn how to extract colour and shape from reference images and create embroidery design ideas. Jodie talks about placement before showing you how to make basic stitches with embroidery seed beads, bugle beads, and sequins.
- Learn how to make small, three-dimensional embroideries by combining these stitches.
- Discover Jodie's method for creating embellishments. Discover which techniques are best for different areas of a garment, as well as how to create detailed drawings and diagrams to aid in planning.
- Examine the various types of embroidery hoops and frames available, as well as how to set one up depending on the garment you're working on.
- Begin by experimenting with different materials and techniques to create a solid embellishment area on your garment.
- Then, using your plans from earlier in the course as a guide, make an open 3D embellishment before making an edging embellishment with beads, sequins, and fringing techniques.
- Learn how to make a detachable embellished patch and an alternative method for embroidering garments.
1. Getting Started with Embroidery and Embellishment
- Introduction to Materials and How to Choose a Garment
- Inspirations and Mark Making for Pattern Design
- Basic Stitches: Seed Beads, Bugle Beads and Sequins
- Basic Stitches: Combined and 3D Embellishment
2. Designing and Getting Ready to Embroider Your Garment
- Design Your Embellishment
- Setting up Embroidery Hoops on Different Garment Placements
3. Making Your Final Piece
- Solid Areas of Embellishment
- Open 3D Embellishment
- Edging Embellishment
4. Getting More Out of Your Embellishments
- How to Make a Patch for Other Placements
- Caring for Your New Pieces