In this course, you will learn:
- By utilising diagrams and computations, explain and demonstrate the concepts of oxygenation, ventilation, oxygen transport and consumption, gas diffusion between air and blood...
- Assess the quantity and quality of oxygenation in a patient.
- Differentiate between normal and unhealthy conditions.
- Without oxygen, no life on earth
- Respiratory anatomy: from the mouth to the pulmonary alveoli
- Ventilation and lung volumes
- Physicists of respiration
- The Oxygen Waterfall
- Hemoglobin, carrier of oxygen in the blood
- The colors of oxygen
- Carbon Dioxide (CO2): much better than body waste
- Breathing at altitude or on a plane: an adaptation to hypoxia
- Physical exertion increases oxygen consumption
- The fetal lung is the placenta of its mother
- Air pollutants, carbon monoxide (CO) and smoking
- Asthma obstructs and inflames the small bronchi
- Chronic bronchitis and emphysema reduce the elasticity of the lungs
- Pulmonary edema: the heart and lungs are inseparable
- Breathing and well-being: yoga and hypnosis
- Respiratory physiology supplements: surfactant, compliance, fibros