In this course, you will :
- Learn how to make handmade ceramic pieces and decorate them with natural botanical imprints.
- introduces you to basic pottery techniques before teaching you about important safety considerations when making food-safe products.
- Make your own plaster forms and moulds using only two ingredients.
- Investigate the various types of leaves and wildflowers that work best with clay.
- Discover how to precisely imprint your botanical elements.
- demonstrates how to shape your piece by wrapping clay around a plaster mould
- explains the bisque firing process and how you can collaborate with a local pottery studio to complete your project
- demonstrates how to glaze your tableware to make it come to life
- Learn how to use clay and freshly picked wildflowers to make a functional tableware piece with floral imprints.
- Tools and Materials
- Technique Foundations and Making a Product Food Safe
- Plaster Mold-Making
- Finding Your Flowers and Plants
2. Creating Your Mug with Clay
- Cutting the Slab
- Imprinting Flowers
- Creating the Form
- Attaching the Components, Finishing Touches, and Firing
- Preparing the Bisqueware
- Cleaning the Excess
- Clear Glazing and Glaze Firing
4. Last Touches and Tips
- Accessorizing and Applications
- Care Tips and Packaging