In this course, you will learn :
- Learn how this coronavirus infiltrates respiratory epithelial cells, multiplies in the nasal passages, and spreads to the alveoli, causing hypoxia.
- Describe what makes this coronavirus so contagious, how it has spread so quickly around the world, and how to best stop it.
- Recognize and diagnose COVID-19 disease by recognising clinical symptoms.
- List the COVD-19 treatments that have been recommended as well as the treatments that are being researched.
1. How SARS-CoV-2 Causes Disease in Humans and Spread Around the World
- Introduction to COVID-19: A clinical update
- COVID-19 Epidemiology
2. COVID-19 Symptoms and Signs, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Clinical Characteristics of COVID-19: Symptoms
- Course and Prognosis
- COVID-19 Treatment: Supportive Care
- Covid-19 Treatment: Medications
- Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) COVID-19 treatment guidelines
- PPE use Dr. Michael Edmond, University of Iowa
3. Preventing the Spread of SARS-CoV-2
- COVID-19 Prevention
- Person to Person Spread of COVID-19 Dr. R. Wenzel
- The efficacy of face masks and the danger of aerosols. Dr. R. Wenzel
- Personal Guidelines for Preventing COVID-19
- Why should you wear a face mask?
- COVID-19 Simulations of spread after Shelter-in-Place with Dr. Glenn Morris
- SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination
- One elderly patient's view of the SARS-CoV-2 vaccine
- COVID-19 Testing Scale Up in the U.S.: The Problem
- COVID-19 Testing Scale Up in the U.S.: The Solution
- COVID-19 Vaccine Delivery
4. Advanced Management of COVID-19 for Health Professionals
- Clinical Evaluation of the COVID-19 Patient:
- Applying Bayes' theorem to guide SARS-CoV-2 testing.
- COVID-19 Associated ARDS: Diagnosis and Management
- COVID-19 Advanced treatment of ARDS and ICU Care
- Admitting the COVID-19 patient to the medical floor
- Proning patients on the medical-surgical floor
- Pharmacologic treatment of COVID-19 patients on the Medical-Surgical Floor (5-5-21)
- Management of Decompensation on the Medical-Surgical Floor
- Discharging the COVID-19 patient from the Medical-Surgical Ward
- Managing COVID-19 patients on the floor: Bringing it all together.
- COVID-19 Associated Thrombosis (Dr. R. Flaumenhaft)
- Incidence (Dr. A. Rajasekhar)
- Prevention and Treatment (Dr. A. Rajasekhar)