In this course, you will :
- Discover her distinct tenebris-style, which focuses on observation and aesthetic composition.
- Learn how to paint a bird from nature and watch it come to life on canvas.
- cover drawing fundamentals such as proportions, light, shadow, value, modelling, and rendering
- Explore Sarah's method for creating an animal portrait with the alla prima technique to learn more about the oil painting process.
- how to organise your palette and premix the colours for the painting based on value, also known as value triangulation
- Learn how to keep the intensity of your colours in your painting and how to protect it with varnish.
1. The Fundamentals: Materials, Sight-Size Technique, and Drawing
- Preparation of Materials
- The Basics of Sight-Size Technique
- The Fundamentals of Drawing: Construct
- The Fundamentals of Drawing: Light and Shadow Pattern
- The Fundamentals of Drawing: Values
- The Fundamentals of Drawing: Modeling and Rendering
- Colour Mixing and Palette Organisation
2. Oil Painting Process and Technique
- Monochromatic Underpainting
- Triangulating Values
- Blocking in the Colours of the Bird
- Painting the Background
- Finishing Touches: Impastos, Details, and Edges
3. Varnishing and Photographing Your Painting
- Varnishing Your Finished Painting
- How to Take a Dynamic Photo for Social Media