In this course, you will :
- Learn how to turn simple shapes into engaging narrative illustrations with colourful and personality-filled characters.
- shows you how to use your imagination to create character-driven illustrations.
- Make an image of one or more characters and learn how to transform simple shapes into engaging illustrations with personality. Character design comes from within, so don't be afraid to incorporate yourself into your work.
- teaches you how to interpret a written piece visually and turn it into a meaningful illustration
- shows you how to draw gestures and how to use photo references to inspire your poses
- Learn the fundamentals of one, two, and three-point perspectives to illustrate from various angles. Then, to give your gesture drawings more form and structure, refine them.
- Foundations of Character Design
- Gesture Drawing to Convey Actions
- Gesture Drawing Using Photo References
- The Basics of Perspective
- Using Geometric Box Forms
2. The Assignment
- Loose Sketch
- Drawing the Head
- Drawing Hands and Feet
- Adding Clothing and Drapery
- To Learn More: Drawing the Head Using the Loomis Method
- To Learn More: The Basics of Drawing the Nose
3. Final Linework
- Refining the Drawing
- Adding Colours
- Adding Textures