In this course, you will learn :
- How to build a strong portfolio of children's book illustrations
- With your guide, create a chapter book project from scratch and learn how to attract the attention of agents and publishers. Become a children's book illustrator by drawing your way to a job.
- talks about her creative career, which has led her to illustrate for publishers in Mexico and beyond, as well as the influences that inspire her work.
- About the world of children's literature and the various audiences and ages you can illustrate for.
- Discusses how to work with multiple images while maintaining a consistent aesthetic throughout your work.
- How to use Affinity Design to edit and export your work in various formats.
1. So You Want to Be a Children’s Book Illustrator
- Introduction to Kid Lit
- What Are Clients Looking For?
- Choosing a Portfolio Project
2. Planning Out Your Book
- Let’s Read a Book
- Planning My Illustrations
- Sketching Your Characters
- Storyboarding a Book
3. Bringing Your Book to Life
- From My Sketchbook to My iPad
- Making Your Sketches
- Working with Multiple Images
- Your Final Image