In this course, you will :
- Demonstrates how to prepare the printed images on rice paper and transfer them onto cotton paper to create the foundation for the two course prototypes.
- Also demonstrates how to dye and texture leather.
- See how to join the elements to make two different types of presentations: joining two elements to make a bifolium, and then seeing each step to make a concertina with your bifolium or in a codex-stitched book format.
- Learn how to prepare, develop, and bind three different types of book covers: without a book spine, with a book spine for concertina, and book covers for bookbinding with stitches.
1. Previous steps
- Image preparation: bifolius and skin base
2. Preparation of the project: joining the sheets
- Basic union of two elements: bifolios
- Union of three or more elements: concertina
- Bi-fold sewing
3. Preparation and joining of the covers
- Spineless tapas for concertina
- Three pieces (with spine) for concertina
- Covers for stitched binding
4. Final recommendations
- Presentation variants: play with sizes and perspective
- Alternatives of different image supports