In this course, you will learn:
- Express your thoughts, feelings, likes and dislikes, and hypotheses on a wide range of topics, including current events in your community and throughout the world.
- Improve your ability to write in Italian.
- Simple materials produced for native speakers, such as newspaper or magazine articles, should be understood.
- The subjunctive in all tenses, hypothetical clauses, imperatives, present, and past gerunds and infinitives, and the passive voice are all important grammatical constructs.
- The economy, environmental challenges, theatre, opera, the Mafia, dance, and law are all part of Italian culture.
- Ciak! videos: original videos shot on our campus with native and near native speakers of Italian. Each Ciak! video is followed by two downloadable Podcasts. These will be ideal for your on-the-go practice.
- Grammar charts: grammar explanations, examples, and charts are available for review with audio files of each example and verb conjugation within the course, and can be downloaded in PDF file format.
- Slide Shows with animation: grammar explanations with images and animation.
- Videos (Slide Shows with Narration): narrated grammar explanations.
- Esercizi: online exercises with immediate feedback.
- Vocaboli nuovi: new vocabulary lists are available as PDF files, slide show presentations, and videos with narration.
- Discussione: creative writing prompts.
- Lettura: readings delivered as PDF files, slide show presentations, and videos with narration.
- Intervista: an interview with a native speaker on a variety of cultural subjects.