In this course, you will learn :
- How to write and illustrate a storey based on true events that is appealing to a wide audience
- Develop the storytelling and drawing abilities required to create the first and last spreads of an enthralling picturebook.
- Dive into the definition of a nonfiction picturebook, using examples to explore the various formats it can take.
- Learn how to incorporate key nonfiction picturebook concepts into your work.
- Discusses the significance of universality, permeability, and affectivity in appealing to a broad audience
- Before you look at the course materials, learn how to create visual metaphors in your work.
1. Key Concepts
- Nonfiction Picture Books
- Creating Children’s Content
- Denotation and Connotation
- Color Exercise
- Illustration Technique: Analogue
- Illustration Technique: Digital
- Nonfictional Text
- Choosing a Theme
- Creative Writing for Nonfiction
- Sketch the First Spread
- Sketch the Glossary