In this course, you will learn:
- Body composition, calories and kilojoules, energy density, portion size, and metabolic rate are all important weight management concepts.
- The nutritional content of various foods.
- How to determine energy requirements and apply nutritional assessment tools.
- How to tell the difference between fad diets and healthy diets.
- Key behaviors for successful long-term weight loss maintenance.
1. Assessing weight status and setting weight loss goals
2. Dietary guidelines and introduction to energy
3. Macronutrients and portion control
4. Dietary assessment and food and exercise tracking
5. Fad diets and risks of rapid weight loss
6. Self-reflection and key strategies for successful weight loss maintenance