This course shows you What you can build with Docker and How to do it — of course you’ll learn the Docker basics along the way.
Together we’ll walk through developing and deploying a multi-service Flask and Ruby on Rails application (more framework examples will be provided as bonus lectures too).
Here’s what you’ll get when you sign up to my course today:
- You’ll learn how to get your development environment set up to run Docker. Windows, Mac and Linux users will be able to follow along.
- Next, you’ll learn the Docker basics and we’ll complete a hello world example.
- You’ll Dockerize a Flask or Ruby on Rails application and pickup a few best practices on how to create a production ready application with those frameworks.
- You’ll learn how to create a staging server so you can test your app.
- You’ll learn how to keep your app running forever by getting a crash course with systemd.
- You’ll learn how to configure and serve your app over SSL (HTTPS) with nginx.
- You’ll get $10 in free hosting credits on DigitalOcean to deploy your application.
- You’ll learn how to purchase and configure a domain name (and make it work with your new server).
- Finally, you’ll learn how to obtain a FREE SSL certificate and hook it up.