In this course,
- The exciting area of supply chain planning.
- Part of a broader specialization on Supply Chain Management, you will master different forecasting techniques, essential for building a Sales and Operations Plan.
- At the completion of this course you will have the tools and techniques to analyze demand data, construct different forecasting techniques, and choose the most suitable one for projecting future demand. Welcome to the exciting world of planning!
- This module introduces you to the professor who is teaching the courses in the Supply Chain Management Specialization.
- You will also construct forecasting models that enable you to predict future demand. By the end of this short module,
- You'll know what to expect in the course and hopefully be as excited to learn about Supply Chain Planning as I will be to teach you.In this module learners will review two simple forecasting methods, the naive method and the cumulative mean.
- Finally, you will create forecasts of your own based on a data set and provide the correct answers in the quiz.