In this course, you will :
- You’ll have a thorough understanding of the role played by the logistics and supply chain function, particularly in terms of its key activities and ultimate aim..
- You’ll learn how to develop, plan, and implement logistics and supply chain strategies that address capacity, external integration, and international trade and operations..
- You’ll understand the factors involved in various approaches to facilities location decisions, including costing and scoring models, and you’ll be able to use tactical methodologies like MRP and JIT for capacity planning and supply chain control ..
- You’ll discover the best ways to improve purchasing, procurement, and transportation functions by learning how to choose suppliers, integrate e-procurement, cost modes of transport, and resolve complications in transportation operations..
- You’ll understand the significance of the roles played by warehouse activities, equipment, and layout and operations, and you’ll know how to manage, calculate, and control inventory costs, economical order quantities, lead times, periodic review systems, and safety and target stock levels..
- You’ll discover how to effectively measure and analyse your supply chain performance and operations in order to improve logistics, minimize disruptions, reduce risk, and increase market resiliency..
- You’ll understand best practices for managing returns and achieving social, economic, and environmental responsibility..
- You’ll learn all the essential lean tools and techniques you need to improve your business process, achieve customer delight, and realise operational excellence..