In this course, you will learn:
- The sketch is one of the most popular UX design tools around.
- This course can help designers of all skill levels be productive with its focused, comprehensive workflow.
- How to design modern user experiences with Sketch, starting with project setup and working through to interactive prototyping.
- How to create custom shared libraries, draw icons, work with imagery and typography, and share your designs across the web using the Sketch Cloud service.
- How to export your work for developers or project teams for integration into their workflows.
- By the end of the course, you'll be able to use artboards, share libraries, draw icons, create prototypes, and export assets to high-definition PNGs, JPEGs, and PDFs.
1. Getting Started
- Getting started with Sketch
- Navigating the canvas
2. Creating Wireframes
- Shape tools
- Arranging shapes
- Working with text
- Additional text options
- Creating groups
- Resizing shortcuts and grids with groups
- Managing layers
- Challenge: Add another screen
- Challenge: Solution
3. Visual Design and Symbols
- Images and masks
- Pixel alignment
- Creating symbols
- Symbol overrides
- Data sources
- Nested symbols
- Creating a simple logo
- Resizing symbols
- Styles and visual effects
- Editing shapes and Bézier curves
- Using the Vector tool
- Design plugins
- Sketch Libraries overview
- Creating a library
- Sharing and managing libraries
5. Prototyping and Collaboration
- Basic prototyping in Sketch
- Using hotspots
- Prototyping fixed elements
- Previewing with Sketch Mirror
- Collaborating with Sketch Cloud
6. Exporting and Asset Management
- Export settings overview
- Copying CSS and SVG code
- Creating design specs with Measure
- Design handoff tools
- Style guides and design systems