In this course, you will :
- Determine the purpose of your opening questions.
- List the three different types of negotiators.
- Describe three situations in which you should not negotiate.
- Remember how to distinguish between a negotiator and a buyer.
- Recognize techniques that can help you manage your anger.
- When a customer is familiar with all of your product offerings, determine the best approach.
1. Why Compromise Doesn't Work and What to Do Instead
- The false assumption behind compromise
- How to start a negotiation with noble purpose
- Why uncertainty is your ally
- The three kinds of negotiations
- When to negotiate and when not to
- Four reasons deals fall apart
2. How to Outsmart Negotiation 101
- How to tell the difference between a buyer and negotiator
- Negotiation in action: Discussing price without value
- Negotiation in action: Belittling value to reduce price
- Negotiation in action: Inserting the boss at the last minute
3. Negotiations that Stick
- When to use your boss and when to ask for their boss
- How to diffuse anger without giving away the store
- What to do when your buyer has the internet in their hand
- How to negotiate via email
- How late is too late to negotiate?