In this course, you will :
- Discover how to select the best fabric for your garment.
- Investigate how to position your fabric on a mannequin to begin visualising your design, as well as how to snip it so it lays flat against the body.
- Learn how to annotate your fabric to highlight key design elements.
- Learn how to remove your pinned and annotated draping from the mannequin before transferring it to paper.
- Prepare and cut your final fabric, then sew your final designs, paying special attention to seam alignment.
- Learn how to hand-plot and attach fastenings to your garment. Then conceal them with a belt or trim.
- To finish the course, Reagen walks you through how to plot your piece's linings and facings for a professional finish.
- Tools and Equipment
- Choosing the Right Fabric
- How to Position Your Drape
2. Draping and Construction
- The Outer Shell
- Taking Your Draping Down
- Transfer of the Pattern
- Cutting the Fabric
3. Quality Finishes
- Back Fastenings
- Plotting Linings and Facings