In this course, you will :
- Determine the meaning of project management.
- Examine the similarities and differences between traditional project management and agile project management.
- Determine the impact of organisational structure on projects.
- Investigate the fundamentals of project stakeholder analysis.
- Investigate the most effective methods for determining a project goal.
- Determine the best methods for selecting a strategy.
- Investigate strategies for gathering requirements.
- Determine the fundamentals of creating a project budget.
- Determine the most effective methods for creating a high-quality plan.
- Determine the best steps to take when determining resource procurement processes.
1. Get to Knffow Project Management
- What is a project?
- What is project management?
- What it takes to be a project manager
- The project management life cycle
- Traditional vs. agile project management
- How organizational structure affects projects
- How organizational culture affects projects
- Project management software options
2. First Things First
- Identify project stakeholders
- Analyze project stakeholders
- Identify the project goal
- Define project objectives
- Choose a strategy
- Gather requirements
- Identify project deliverables and success criteria
- Identify project assumptions and risks
- Prepare a project scope statement
3. Develop a Project Plan
- What is a work breakdown structure?
- Build a work breakdown structure
- How to create work packages
- Estimate time and cost
- How to choose the best estimate
- Create a resource management plan
- Build a project schedule
- Develop a project budget
- Identify risks
- Create a risk management plan
- Set up a communication plan
- Develop a quality plan
- How to set up a change management plan
- How to plan procurement
- Processes for procuring resources
- How to obtain approval to proceed
4. Build a Project Schedule
- Put tasks in sequence
- How to assign resources to tasks
- Learn to use milestones
- Make a realistic schedule
- Understand the critical path
- Understand the critical chain method
- How to shorten a schedule
- Document the baseline
5. An Overview of Agile Project Management
- What is agile project management?
- The agile project management life cycle
- Plan an iteration
- Manage the explore stage
- Handle the adapt and close stages
6. While You Run the Project
- How to run a project
- Techniques for communicating effectively
- Run effective meetings
7. Work with Teams
- Manage team resources
- Understand team dynamics
- How to manage virtual teams
- How to manage technical teams
8. Monitor and Control Progress and Performance
- How to gather data
- How to manage project change
- Learn how to manage project scope
- Monitor and control risks
- Understand earned value analysis
- Evaluate progress
- Learn how to solve problems
- How to get a project back on track
9. Close a Project
- Close a project
- How to obtain customer acceptance
- Document lessons learned
- How to prepare a close-out report
- Learn how to close and transition projects