In this course, you will learn :
- A variety of methods for divining the future from across cultures and history.
- A common framework for describing human attempts to forecast the future.
- Discover "pre-scientific" prediction systems ranging from ancient Chinese bone burning to the Oracle of Delphi to modern astrology and tarot, led by practitioners and Harvard faculty.
- Examine the specifics of more than a dozen prediction systems, as well as the theoretical frameworks that link them.
- cover topics ranging from omens and oracles in ancient civilizations, which are discussed in this course, to the evolution of the general approach to science that most people take today, as well as modern computer simulations and their role in predicting our futures today.