In this course, you will :
- Gain an understanding of the impact of social and cultural contexts in which public health programmes exist, as well as why participatory approaches could be more effective in meeting the needs of the population and addressing certain health-related challenges
- introduce you to public health participatory approaches
- Learn about the history of participatory health research and why it is so important in addressing today's public health challenges.
- The course will first help you understand the social and cultural context of public health before introducing you to two key concepts for working with communities: knowledge and power.
- Introduction to Participatory Approaches in Public Health
- Applying Participatory Approaches in Public Health Settings
- Public Involvement in Research