In this course, you will :
- Discover Karishma's entire creative process as she creates an illustrated book for children.
- Learn how to use your sketchbook to experiment with various cutting and folding techniques before creating a dummy of your first papercut picturebook to share with publishers.
- Discover the significance of developing a toolbox that evolves with your skills.
- Explore Karishma's sketchbooks to see her entire creative process, and read her sketchbook manual to learn her method. Begin by experimenting with a story idea by using only three elements and creating a quick paper cut format for each.
- Then, create your very own paper playground. Play around with simple cutting formats and experiment with a new way of expressing yourself.
- Discover various book formats and how each one provides its own distinct narrative.
- For your first dummy, transition your narrative from night to day using basic cuts and folds. Create your pop-up accordion book and tunnel book samples next.
1. Inside Your Sketchbook
- What’s in Your Toolbox?
- Creating a World Inside Your Sketchbook
- Planting a Story Seed
- Entering a Paper Playground
2. Outside Your Sketchbook
- What Is My Book Going to Look Like?
- Creating a Dummy: Collection of Folded Cards
- Creating a Dummy: Pop-up Accordion
- Creating a Dummy: Tunnel Book
3. Inviting People Into Your Paper Playground
- Developing Your Paper Playground
- Publishing Tips