In this course, you will :
- Sarah walks you through her step-by-step process for creating colourful sculptures with personality, from finding inspiration to bringing them to life with postures, clothes, and expressions.
- Using paper mache and layered paints, create interesting characters that tell their own stories.
- Learn about paper mache and how it works. Before discussing the concept of a character and using your imagination to guide your design, learn how to draw, paint, and take notes in a sketchbook.
- Then begin designing and drawing your character, beginning with shapes and gradually adding details such as fur, clothes, and ears.
- Begin developing your character! Build an underlying structure first, then move on to the fun part: paper mache!
- Learn how to tear paper, make paste, layer your paper mache project, and dry it.
1. Preparing Your Ideas
- What is Paper Mache?
- Generating Your Ideas
- Getting to Know Your Character, Inside and Out
- Tools and Materials
2. Let’s Start Creating!
- Creating Your Underlying Structure and Armature
- Making The Secret Dream
- Paper Maching
- Dry, Dry, Dry
3. Finishing Touches
- Preparing Your Sculpture for Painting
- Painting Life Into Our Characters
- Hanging Your Character On the Wall, Taking Photos, and Sharing It