In this course, you will learn :
- About character development and the fundamentals of acrylic gouache mixed with coloured pencils
- Learn how to tell stories and bring characters to life using visual tools.
- Dive into the course materials, which include everything from paints to sketchbooks. Then, create an inspiration mood board and experiment with different techniques for working with your chosen materials.
- In your sketchbook, experiment with colour theory and different combinations before creating initial sketches of all your elements.
- Make thumbnails of your favourite sketches for your final composition. Apply the concepts from earlier in the course to choose the colours for your finished piece, then transfer your illustration onto paper ready for painting.
1. Materials and Preparation
- Mood Board and Inspiration
- Exploring Material Techniques
- Color Studies
2. Working on the Piece
- Transferring Your Sketch
- Final Color Study
3. Last Steps
- Create Your Final Painting
- Finishing Your Piece
- Sharing Your Work