In this course, you will :
- Identify the different types of negotiation.
- Distinguish the difference between asking and negotiation.
- List core negotiation practices.
- Explain anchoring and framing for mutual benefit.
- Describe tactical empathy.
- Explain the principles of influence.
- Create an influence plan.
- Analyze conflict styles.
- Recognize contentious negotiation tactics.
1. The Basics of Negotiation
- Developing a negotiation mindset
- The three core negotiation practices
- Anchoring and framing for mutual benefit
- Listening and building tactical empathy
- Trading things of value
- The wrong and right way to negotiate
2. Getting Ready for a Negotiation
- Researching and preparing
- Identifying priorities and designing options
3. Engaging Your Allies
- Understanding how influence works
- Creating your influence plan
4. Getting Through and Past No
- Understanding conflict styles
- A template for getting past no
- A template for saying no
5. Essential Negotiation Tips and Strategies
- Dealing with contentious tactics
- Negotiation hacks
6. Negotiating at a Distance
- Telephone and videoconference
- Email and text