In this course, you will :
- Examine the colouring rules that apply when doing math on a rainbow-striped number grid.
- Explore the pattern of what remainders remain when powers of 10 are divided by 9 or 3.
- What effect do the remainders of an operation's inputs have on the remainder of the calculation output?
- Learn how to use factorization with primes as a versatile problem-solving tool.
- Learn a quick method for determining how many divisors a number has.
- How the dimensions of a pool table affect the path of a ball bouncing around it.
- How do you return "home" to the lower left pocket?
- Explore the patterns formed when pool balls "paint" the squares they come into contact with as they roll.
- Learn and practise arithmetic in a modular setting.
- Discover a general formula for calculating the number of points a star will have.
- Explore a concept hidden beneath the surface of both star drawing and decanting puzzles.
- Divisibility Shortcuts
- Exploring Infinity
- Factor Trees
- Fermat's Little Theorem
- Greatest Common Divisor
- Least Common Multiple
- Modular Arithmetic
- Modular Congruence
- Modular Inverses
- Prime Factorization
- The 100 Doors Puzzle