In this course, you will :
- The history and background of Lean production and the complementing elements of quantity and quality control.
- To measure production performance and how defects and waste degrade performance.
- To understand the importance and role in Lean Production of the customer "Takt."
- To improve process performance through the application of Lean principles, including setup time reduction, batch optimization, and defect elimination.
- To explain the importance of Total Productive Maintenance and the widely-used metric Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- To understand the difference between push- and pull-systems and how the implementation of pull-systems reduces waste.