In this course, you will learn:
- Fundamental concepts underlying prototypes, such as object literals and constructors, and discover how prototypes can reduce memory usage, improve code organization, and help you cascade changes site-wide with a single update.
- How to use ES6 classes to build prototypes with less code and more features.
- What you should know
- Exercise files and environment setup
1. Building Blocks of Prototypes
- Create object literals
- Create objects with a constructor function
2. Using Prototypal Inheritance
- Understand the prototype property
- Modify an object's prototype
- Create a prototype chain
- Apply prototypal inheritance
3. Using ES6 Classes
- Understand ES6 classes
- Build prototypes using ES6 classes